Hellsing Ultimate 7! No subs yet, I'll patiently wait for them.
NOTES WHILE WATCHING:
- I don't really remember the conversation with Pip's grandfather being that long. :|a
- HI PIP
- wow more fight scenes with Wild Geese
- OH SHIT THEY EXTENDED THE GEESE'S SIDE OF THIS BATTLE
- sexy Pip :3c
- Man I'm loving all this extra footage of the Geese
- afjlkadsjf God I have such a thing for bloodied up men wtf is wrong with me
- NOOO PIP'S SQUAD DON'T GET BOMBED
- HI SERAS *A*
- Zorin's VA sounds really hoarse while she's laughing at Seras :|a
- I really rather like the angle they used for Seras' eyes getting slashed. Stay classy, Madhouse Studios.
- Oh my God, Pip, you are fantastic in close range combat. I love seeing this animated.
- True love: carrying your dismembered, bloodied love interest over your shoulders through a smoldering mansion covered in body parts. C:
- FUCKING PIECE OF SHRAPNEL IN PIP'S STOMACH, GDI
- GOD NO, PIP, DON'T LEAN BACK WHILE THE SCYTHE IS IN YOU NOOOOO
- AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FINALLY AFTER ALL THIS TIME. There's no music. No background noise. Just them in their silence kissing and I love it. fjalsdjf /rewinds
- God, this is so sad the way they've animated this, it's so pretty ;A; Seras trying to blindly reach for him as he falls over dead. I can't even.
- OH GOD MADHOUSE, YOU BASTARDS, HOW DARE YOU GIVE US A SERAS/PIP MONTAGE NOOOOOO /baws so hard
- oh man the way they animated her evolution, it actually explains that fucking red outfit of hers NICE
- this music in the background for blood!Seras' fight is fantastic. It's melodic and low-key and works so well for the mood of this scene
- oooh the memory animation has a nice touch to it. SURPRISE SCHRODINGER!
- closing credits are of Pip and his Geese from birth through working with Hellsing oh god ;A; THEY ALL GREW UP TOGETHER AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH
- after the credits is MAJOR, SHUT THE FUCK UP.
All right so a more in depth response to this.
I don't talk about my Hellsing days much because after Iscariot showed up with their ...special troops in London, the whole series went a little too insane for even me to handle. But anyone who remembers me from that far back knows volume 8 is my absolute favorite. Not for Seras/Pip (mind you, that is a perk), but for Seras' development because of that. I love her finally realizing it, I adore that she stepped up and did something to protect his corpse. And ...well. I just love her grating Zorin's face off in a bloody run. c: But her finally choosing to drink was and always has been a Big Deal to me.
Watching this OVA series has garnished a lot more adoration for the Wild Geese troops from me. Mostly because the manga didn't do much with them, but at least in the OVA, we're given more of them being themselves outside of duties and I honestly love them. So I was ecstatic when I realized 15 minutes in that they had given them their own side of this mansion battle and extended their stuff. I mean, in the manga, this entire battle made them look like pussies that went out in one or two skirmishes. But here, we get to see that they barricaded a room and held the Millenium forces off for quite a while.
I was a little disappointed in that I couldn't hear the music playing over sound effects going on in most of the scenes music needed to be in. There was a scene early on of Seras destroying a small group of vampires that had broken away. I could tell there was music playing and I know the track, but you could barely hear it over the gunshots and her breathing. It's one of those things that annoys me: either have music so you can actually hear it, or don't so you can have just the sound effects. PICK ONE. B( The music after the 25 minute mark was well placed and it was fine, it was just those first 20 minutes that bothered me.
And, like I said up there in my mid-watch notes, Zorin's VA sounded hoarse about 25 minutes into this 45 minute episode. I don't remember her voice going out like that in the previous installment, so I'm wondering about it. When she was talking low, she was fine, but any time she raised her voice, it sounded like she was about to lose it. Poor, VA. 8( Given such a harsh role.
I probably won't go much into Pip and Seras scenes other than I loved the way they were handled, the way they were animated and colored. They were wonderful to watch and experience. I can't even remember how long it's been since I first read this volume. (I think I was still my first year of college? idk) I remember when I did read it for the first time, I was on the edge of my seat and astounded by what was happening. This animation had the same effect on me.
I'm just sad now, I'm only going to be in the rest of Ultimate just for Seras 8( I hate the series from here on out sob.
And idk if anyone wants screencaps or the episode uploaded, let me know and I'll get to it. o/
ALSO, CALEB, FINISH THE MANGA SO WE CAN PLAY ALUCARD AND SERAS SOMEWHERE.
/makes a million icons 8(